Δευτέρα 30 Νοεμβρίου 2009

JACKIE LEVEN greek notebook

One of the lovelier things that has happened to me in my long life was being able to spend every May and September for seven years, on the remote greek island of Astypalea. Over seven years this 14 months - a significant part of my life.
Astypalea is a harsh, mountainous island off the tourist track. On a very clear day, from the top of the old town you can see Rhodes - 100 miles away.
From early morning till the glorious golden evening I sat in my ancient hilltop house, more a cave really, singing and playing guitar with occasional breaks to lie on the beach, go to great bars and restaurants, or smell the night lilies.
I recorded a lot of this musical endeavour in glorious lo-fi on a Sony Professional Walkman, and I have about 40 hours of sketches from this time.
This record is a selection of bits from those tapes and it contains all kinds of weird and wonderful moments, including the odd boring bit - I'm not the genius all the time.
For any of you who write songs you are welcome to develop any of the notebook ideas on this record into a song of your own; just get in touch with me at the haunted valley if you do, so that we can share any royalties that may arise!
It seemed pointless tracklisting this material - so happy listening. I hope to see you out there somewhere soon.
Jackie 1999
Όσοι... κρατάνε από τις μέρες του '70 κι έχουν υπ' όψιν τους το σπάνιας ομορφιάς acid άλμπουμ "Control" του Σκωτσέζου John St.Field, όπως ήταν τότε το όνομα τού Jackie Leven - άλμπουμ που πρωτοκυκλοφόρησε στην ισπανική Movieplay το 1975 - έχουν, με το "Greek Notebook" [Cooking Vinyl], τον ελληνικό του σύνδεσμο. Σημαίνων καλλιτέχνης. Ανακαλύψτε τον.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου